Monday 20 April 2015

Update

Wow, I can't believe how time flies, and how long it's been since i posted anything ! For that i am sorry to whoever might have been reading my posts before, if there even was anyone. But i'm back, I got my diploma from the Cordon Bleu, what a wonderful experience that was. I learned so many new techniques and met a lot of marvelous people from all around the world, i definitely recommend the Base semester to anyone who wishes to learn the basic techniques of french cuisine and get a proper knife kit, i thought it was worth it !
So anyway, I have now started an internship in a restaurant, which i won't name so i'm free to say what i really think :p !
It's a nice restaurant with one Michelin star so i feel very lucky, the kitchen is small, there are only 3 payed members of staff, and 3 interns including me, one has been there for a few months already and she's very nice and talented, she works on all the hot dishes and is doing very well. I work on cold starters and patisserie and i'm learning a lot, especially about organizing one's time and what's really important. I'm trying to work faster but it's hard, really hard ! Also, I'm only working for evening shifts at the moment, so 17H00-23H00, which i prefer since i like to sleep late and that way i see more of the à la carte menu then you do at lunch, i did one full day and it was EXHAUSTING !

No comments:

Post a Comment