Tuesday 18 August 2015

The Napa Valley

So...I'm sorry I haven't written anything since day 2, there was both a lack of internet and then jet lag that got in my way. But let's pick up where we left off shall we ?

Day 3.

Leaving the wonderful San Francisco today, and heading up to Calistoga, a.k.a the Napa Valley. I've heard a lot about this place so I'm very much looking forward to visiting it. Big day, means big breakfast ! I had the pancakes in the Hotel restaurant and they were absolutely fabulous , I just can't get enough of american pancakes ! 
After that we got in our very american car and drove up to the San Francisco Bay bridge, took a few photos, and crossed it.
We also saw a line of food trucks getting ready for lunch, unfortunately it was too early for us to try them out.





We stopped at Saucilito for lunch, it was such a beautiful town. We ate on the terrasse of Le Garage, where I had a ham sandwich ( home-braised ham, avocado, garlic aioli, basically heaven ) and shared some chickpea chips (they reminded me of cecina which is a chickpea crepe I had in Italy a few years ago and was one of the nicest things I have ever eaten ! ) 








We arrived in Calistoga late afternoon, and wondered around our hotel, admiring the beautiful scenery. Being originally from Bordeaux, it was very strange to see vineyards surrounded by pine trees and olive trees, and there was something quite poetic about seeing these fields of green in the middle of dry, almost desert like, hills. 
We stopped for drinks in the garden of a cute little restaurants, and then bought some snacks at the supermarket for dinner. I had my very first beef jerky, flavored with chipotle and honey, and it was very nice. 




No comments:

Post a Comment