Thursday 8 May 2014

Quick lamb couscous

Let's get right to it shall we...
So a couple of night's ago, I decided that the ultimate comfort after a long hard day at work, for both me and my mother, was the warmth of oriental food.
In my cupboard lies the biggest cheat for a quick flavorsome couscous...this bad boy :

  Basically you just add some boiling water to it, let it rest for 5 minutes and VoilĂ  !

                                 

With this i cooked a rack of lamb ribs by seizing them in a pan for about 2 minutes and then putting then in the oven at 200°C for about 7-8 minutes. I then cooked some vine tomatoes in the juices (this is when i would have added dried fruit such as raisins, apricots and prunes, if i had found any in my house...)


When the tomatoes are nice and soft with juices ready to pop out onto your couscous then that's it, you're done and ready to tuck in !


I have to admit, that this dish brought me a lot of joy, it truly it the spot !

Still there was a lot of that couscous left, so i added a chopped avocado, 2 chopped tomatoes, a drizzle of lemon juice and a sprinkle of salt, and packed it away to have for my lunch at school the next day (and share it a bit, since you have to admit, i made way to much of it ;) )




No comments:

Post a Comment