Wednesday 20 August 2014

I finally made a soufflé !

As promised, I made soufflés. And I'm very happy to say they turned out quite well.
I made them with bananas because they were lying around the house crying out "please, eat us, we'll be yummy cooked in sugar !".

 You start by peeling the bananas.
 Then you melt butter in a pan (or a wok in my case because it was clean and available).
 Then you add the sliced bananas with the butter and brown sugar cubes (about one per banana).
Then you cook together milk and sugar and essentially make a chou pastry but instead of adding whole eggs you add the yolks and then fold in beaten egg whites.
This is the roux (equal pats butter and flour) to which you add the sweet milk.
 Nice stiff fluffy egg whites.
 Fold it in.
 And after a trip in the oven voilà !

 You can also cook it in the banana peel but it doesn't really look as nice as it should, will have to work on that one !
If you want to know, I used the Paul Bocuse recipe for the Appareil à soufflé.
I don't know if it's a good thing, but I feel so proud to have made a soufflé, like it's my biggest achievement since macaroons...is that ridiculous ?

No comments:

Post a Comment