Tuesday 26 August 2014

Tomato risotto per favor !

Risotto is definitely one of my favorite meals ! Not to brag but my mother makes the all time best risotto in the entire universe and no other risotto can compare ! However she was not here with me during the holidays so I attempted to make one myself and it was quite delicious !
You start by letting chopped onions sweat out in the pan with olive oil and then you had the risotto rice and let it cook till translucent!
You then turn the heat down a little bit and add wine then stir until it's been absorbed, then add some stock and stir until absorbed and then do the same with water. The key is to never stop stirring, it takes about 25 minutes.

I also added beef and lardons.

Start with one glass of white wine and then 1L of any broth you like.

I added a can of tinned tomatoes.
 And one or two cans of water (whatever it takes to get the rice perfectly cooked i.e. still slightly crunchy)
I topped it off with buffalo mozzarella and parmesan, a few basil leaves would be nice as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment