Monday 25 August 2014

Summer fruit jam and Madeleines !

You know what helps the medicine go down more than a spoonful of sugar ? A spoonful of jam !
My go-to jams are plum, apricot, peach, and quince. I had a lot of fruit leftover and they were rotting in a corner, so I decided to make jam, luckily for me all those fruit were my favorites (except the quince unfortunately).
I cut up the plums, apricots and peaches and put them in a bowl with sugar and rum to let them give up their juices for a little while.
I suggest using 40% of sugar for 60% fruit, but 50/50 is also good if you've got a very sweet tooth.
Then you put it on a medium heat until it's ready.




The ultimate test : drop a bit of jam on a cold plate and check that it's not runny


Put the pots upside-down to sterilize them :


I made Madeleines to go with the jam, for me that's how you go straight back to childhood on an express train !
Here's a good recipe for Madeleines : http://www.anneshealthykitchen.com/madeleine-cakes/
It's the Paul Bocuse recipe, because if you're going to make a traditional french dish he's your best bet !



YUMSTERS !

No comments:

Post a Comment