Thursday 17 July 2014

Arriving in Bordeaux

Monday, July 14th i.e. the french national day, I travelled on the train to go to my father's house ( with said father) in a little town near Bordeaux. It's a very typical country house with a big garden, my favorite part is the "potager" which is the vegetable garden. We arrived and there were many courgettes ready to be eaten. But most importantly, there are 4 basil plants, and basil just happens to be my favorite  herb ;).
So for dinner, we hadn't done any shopping yet so I made pasta, it's sort of the tradition to eat pasta the first night because there's never anything else to eat.
I cooked the courgettes in a pan, and I made a "pesto" (not really because there was no parmesan or pine nuts in the fridge) by mixing basil leaves, garlic and olive oil.



 No one was ready to have dinner but the pasta was cooked, so I ran some cold water over it to stop it from cooking and saved some of the water the pasta had cooked in.
Then when dinner time arrived, I mixed together the courgettes, the pesto, the pasta and the cooking water all in a pan to heat it up a bit.













And it was ready to be taken down to the garden for dinner.


YUMSTERS

Afterwards we just had some nice mint and verbena infusion.
Then we left to go watch the fireworks ... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment