Saturday 19 July 2014

Nice summer vegetable salad.

Last night I put my foot down. Because you see, my dad loves meat, and loves pasta, and loves fatty things, and, I do to, but there's a limit to how many steaks you can eat in a row you know? So last night I decided to make a fest of vegetables and it was delicious, but also it felt great !

 Aubergines (from the garden ;) ) thinly sliced and lade on aluminium foil with olive oil in the oven at 220 °C.
 Lettuce (from the garden ;) ) torn into a bowl.
 steamed beans (green beans and mange tout, not from the garden :( )
Chopped tomatoes (from the garden ;) )
 Basil, oh how I love thee !

Note : in salads like this one, I like to use herbs, for example basil, as if they were a lettuce leaf, i.e about the same quantity of basil and lettuce.
 Thinly chopped spring onions (not from the garden :( )
 A simple vinaigrette made with olive oil, wine vinegar, salt, pepper and piment d'espelette.
 Parmesan.

Mix it all together
 Tada !














Yummy, even Dad had to admit it was delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment